Below, we show you an example of cognitive accessibility carried out by the Unit of Attention to Victims with Intellectual Disability of ATADES – UADVi Aragónin which it has been adapted to easy reading, pictograms of ARASAAC and photographs, the Diptych on the information of this service that is aimed at victims of violence or abuse and that provides support, protection and emergency accommodation to the victim.
His work focuses on three areas of action:
Direct care for victims of abuse and families
- Accompaniment and support throughout the police and judicial process, we ensure at all times that your rights are fulfilled and that the procedures are adapted to the capacities, implementing the necessary support.
- Legal advice and procedural representation, we offer both the representation of victims in trials and complaints derived from abuse.
- Psychotherapy carried out by clinical psychologists and family psychotherapists with the aim of elaborating the consequences derived from the abuse of both the victim at an individual and family level.
- Adaptation of forensic and therapeutic tools with the aim of providing professionals who work daily with people with intellectual disabilities with those tools that can be useful in the police and judicial accompaniment of victims with intellectual disabilities, as well as in the subsequent psychotherapy process.
- Publication of scientific articles and studies.
Prevention and awareness
- Website www.nomasabuso.com
- Publication of action and prevention guides.
- Affective-sexual education groups
- Workshops in Special Employment Centers and Occupational Abuse Prevention Centers.
- Training for professionals.
At UADVi Aragón works a group of professionals specialized in intellectual disability from ATADES. The UAVDI Aragón team is made up of psychologists, social workers and lawyers.
We count on the collaboration of the Government of Aragon, Justice of Aragon, Delegation of Government, Institute of Legal Medicine, Superior Court of Justice of Aragon, Dean Judge of Zaragoza, Superior Prosecutor of Aragon, Chief Prosecutor of Zaragoza, Superior Chief of Police, General of the Eighth Zone of the Civil Guard in Aragon, Official College of Physicians of Zaragoza, Royal and Illustrious Bar Association of Zaragoza, Professional Association of Social Workers of Aragon and Professional College of Psychologists of Aragon.
A great initiative that has all the support and recognition from ARASAAC and that will help many people who suffer from this scourge that we must eradicate from our society.