The City Council of Vinaròs has installed new interpretation panels to tour the tourist destination in a more attractive way for the public that visits the destination and also for the residents themselves.
Within the framework of this project of intelligent monumental signage in the first phase, 14 monuments have been signposted, among which are: Monument to Costa and Borràs, Municipal Market, Municipal Auditorium W. Ayguals d’Izco, Chapel of Santa Victoria, Casa de la Vila, Casa Ángel Giner, etc.
The content of each panel is as follows:
1. Name of the monument and old image of this to serve as a focus of attraction to the content.
2. Explanation in easy and understandable language for all audiences, of the main values of the monument in the 3 languages of the most important target audiences for the destination: Valencian, Spanish and French. The texts do not exceed 110 words to facilitate reading and comprehension.
3. Augmentative communication with ARASAAC pictograms. The pictogram model created by ARASAAC (Aragonese Center for Augmentative and Alternative Communication) is an augmentative and alternative system that facilitates communication for people who have difficulty in this area due to several factors (functional diversity, lack of knowledge of the language, trauma and cognitive degeneration). The Catalogue of pictograms adapted to different levels of language acquisition is owned by the Autonomous Government of Aragon. It can be used under a Creative Commons license.
4. Text in Easy Reading. These contents have been designed with the help of the Baix Maestrat Public School of Special Education of Vinaròs. These are texts specially written so that they can be understood by people with cognitive or intellectual disabilities.
5. Multimedia guide. All the contents of the monuments are now available in audio guide format in all the preferred languages for the destination: Valencian, Spanish, French, English and German.
Thus, from the point of view of a person who is in a wheelchair, he will observe that the panel is at his height to read it comfortably. On the other hand, a person with vision difficulties will find a text that is easy to understand and with a minimum size appropriate to their needs. In addition, people who may have a cognitive or intellectual disability will be able to use augmentative communication or easy reading so that they can understand the monument they are visualizing.